Friday, October 14, 2011

The Beach!

Last Stop - Ft. Walton Beach!
We drove all day to get to Ft. Walton Beach just in time to catch sunset on the beach. Gabriella loved it! I think she realized the beach was just one big sandbox and couldn't get enough of it. Brian was nice enough to take the girls down to the ocean for their first time while I made a pit stop. Yeah, that is sarcasm. So we have no pictures. We spent a little while on the beach before cleaning up and heading out for some dinner. We enjoyed our dinner at a restaurant on the beach and caught the scores of the Cardinals game from our waiter.

The next morning we headed down to the hotel lobby for a quick breakfast and to meet Brian's dad and step-mom. We then lathered up with sunscreen and hit the beach. Gabriella just had a blast. I think Amelia was just over vacation at this point and honestly she might not have been feeling very well either. Brian had gotten sick earlier in the week and then I got it the evening after our beach day.

Gabriella having fun in the sun.
Amelia looking for some shade in her tent.
To be fair, this picture was taken after she crawled to far into the tent and it flipped over with her in it. Not a happy camper.
Still running around and playing
It was a pretty hot day out there, but she enjoyed playing in the sand
Amelia came around for a little while to play with Gabriella.
Getting tired
The people next to us were scooping out jellyfish out of the ocean. Crazy! They asked Gabriella if she wanted to touch one, but I just shook my head. I didn't know you could pick those up, but I think I'll continue to stay clear.
She went a little bit into the water. Brian took her out once as did his step-mom, but she was having more fun hanging out in the sand.

Playing with Daddy

Relaxing and having a good time. You can see Brian's dad and step-mom sitting in the chairs behind them. We were able to escape the sun under the umbrella when we had too much :)

After a couple hours on the beach we got cleaned up, napped and went to dinner. Unfortunately, this is where we cue myself getting sick. I was miserable. That had to be the worst night! The next morning Brian took the girls to breakfast and to say goodbye to his dad, while I remained in bed. He even took them to the beach for a little while before we packed up and headed home. It was a rough trip for me, but the worst of it was over though I still felt bad. We stopped for the night in TN and had a great sleep! We finally made it home Monday night.

It was really a wonderful trip and I think we all had a great time. We made so many great family memories and hopefully captured enough of them for the kids to look back and see what a great time we had :) Now...let's get to planning that next trip!

No comments: