Friday, March 16, 2012

Soccer

Gabriella started her second season of soccer in March. This year we are on the Kiwi team. She seemed pretty excited to get this season started. She has been playing at preschool weekly with a class that they have, so I really think that got her excited. They have been learning quite a few drills that she likes to show us and hopefully she will be able to apply to her game...eventually :)

Warming up
Ready to play
Look at her ready to go!
Amelia is ready to play as well. She usually wants to run out on the field once the games have started.
Amelia showing us that she is ready to go. She insists on standing ON the field as you can see from where the blue line is located.
Taking a rest and watching her team.
Running Drills


Gabriella and her good friend from school, Dominick.

More drills
Hanging back a little during the game. I think she is waiting for the ball to slip out of the mass so she can take it down and score. Maybe not quite yet...but that's what I like to think :)

So, I explained to Gabriella how Grandpa has always said that he would pay $1 for every goal that the kids have scored. He made this deal along time ago with the other grand kids so I got Gabriella very pumped up and excited about the offer. After her first game we were walking back to the car and she started crying. I couldn't figure out what had happened and why she got down so quickly. She told me that she really wanted that dollar, but she didn't get a goal. :( I think Grandpa felt bad for her and gave her one for getting out there anyway. But she's working hard toward that goal now!

No comments: