Sunday, October 10, 2010

baptism

We had Amelia baptized on Sunday, October 10, 2010. We decided in keeping with our numbers theme since she was born on 7-7 and weighed 7-7 we should go with 10-10-10 at the 10:30 service. Ok, not really, it just worked out on that Sunday for everyone, but it makes a great story, right?


Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed everyone coming to help us celebrate. Her cake tasted fabulous and was just adorable! So far this is the only picture I have of Amelia in her dress. I need to dress her back up in it and take some better pictures. I think I did the same to Gabriella as well. So for now...here she is in the dress that Gabriella was baptized in as well. I thought I would let her stretch out before the service since she loves to do that.
Amelia decided she was going to sleep through her baptism.
Gabriella got to help out and put out the candle. She has the makings of a great acolyte.
Pastor John took her around to introduce her to her church family.
She decided to wake up after being baptized to listen to the sermon, but during her reception...yep slept the entire time.
Gabriella felt the need to make some funny faces.
Hanging out with "fairy Godmother" Erin
Godfather Gary got her to wake up.
Godmother Aunt Cathi had her talking.
Thanks again to everyone who came to help us celebrate. Also, I was serious about people coming over to eat all the leftovers! So much for losing the baby weight. I think I got it all back after a week of eating pasta! :)

No comments: