Monday, October 4, 2010

Apple Picking

Sunday we took off to go Apple Picking. Gabriella had been talking about for a little bit and the weather was nice so we jumped in the car and headed up the great river road to Grafton. On the way we stopped to see the Piasa bird. I remember when I was little going to see the Piasa bird. I don't know if we stopped every year, but I always remember driving by it. The old painting and then hanging picture has been taken down and replaced by this painting in a new location. Since we always point it out to Gabriella when we drive by, I decided to just pull in and take their picture. If you want to read the legend of the Piasa bird you can find it here.

Brian tried convincing Gabriella that the bird lived in the cave next to the painting. Way to go Brian! Good thing she just shrugged it off :)

Amelia just snoozing in the car. Look a those cute baseball shoes.Gabriella learned about Johnny Appleseed at daycare, so she was excited to see him at the apple farm.

It was pretty crowded that day so we had to wait in line for the tractor to take us out to the orchard. Amelia woke up to make some faces for me.Amelia says "thumbs up"

Ok seriously? I hope I don't offend anyone, but really? High heeled boots to the apple farm? I don't know how many times I feel into ruts and over apples...I can't even imagine.

Amelia and I looking for apples.

Where's Gabriella?

Annual picture of Gabriella eating her apple. She ate about 3 apples!

This picture makes me think Gabriella is thinking...la la la...I got an apple.

Most of the apples left were up very high.

LOL - and Amelia fell asleep.

She woke up in time to get an apple.

On the way back to the farm. Hang on Gabriella!

Gigantic Pumpkins!

Believe it or not...Amelia was happy here :)

Then she just started "talking" to me.

Apples for sale!

Gabriella 2010 - 3 ft tall

Amelia 2010 - 2 ft tall
It was a great day! It's just that time of year for the apple and pumpkin farms. What a wonderful time of the year. The trees hadn't quite turned yet, so we might have to back yet again.

No comments: