Sunday, April 1, 2012

First Easter Egg Hunts

Alright, ready for the crazy Easter Egg Hunt posts? I'm trying to combine them, because really, how many times do you want to see my kids pick up eggs, right? If you want to see more though...you know I have them :)

We started our hunts off with one in the square of a nearby town. We ran into our cousins so the kids could hunt together.
Gabriella just being silly.
Cousins
Gabriella chose to use a bag. It holds the eggs better.

Amelia...little Amelia. I really thought she was going to be a go getter at the whole egg hunt thing. Not so much. She was tired and not having any part of it. I actually think she was afraid of the grass as well. Grandpa called us over and told us that he spotted the golden egg. It was not going to happen with Amelia so I told my cousin's little boy where it was and had him charged up to get it. He missed it by .02 seconds when another little girl came in from the side and snagged it. I felt so bad :(
Amelia clinging to Mommy.
After the hunt we all sat down to go through the eggs.
The next weekend we went to a couple more hunts. We took video this time.

This time I made Brian take Amelia. Luckily this egg hunt let the kids age groups go at different times so we were able to watch both of them. Brian was able to get her to pick up some eggs and I think she finally got it. She picked up $4.50 in eggs and some candy.

Gabriella had a little more competition, but she came away with $4 in eggs.


After that hunt we were able to come home and take some naps. Then our neighborhood had a hunt later in the evening. Brian and I went down and "hid" the eggs for everyone and we waited for everyone to show. Grandma came with the kids in the wagon and some other neighbors followed as well.
Some of the neighborhood gang.

Amelia was totally ready this time.
The kids all being silly while we hung out and talked.

It was a pretty crazy weekend running around, but we love watching the kids enjoy themselves. After Amelia figured it out, she really got into it and did quite a good job. At another hunt she also won a prize egg with a giant chocolate bunny!

No comments: