Sunday, April 17, 2011

Neighborhood Egg Hunt

This year I was on the hunt for egg hunts. We enjoyed them so much last year and Gabriella was really excited for them this year. I thought Amelia just might think about walking just in time for Easter, but I think she has decided that she prefers crawling and honestly...that is just fine :)

So since I was having some troubles finding them this year, I decided to put one together for our neighborhood. It didn't seem to be to much work and I figured, hey why not. So I sent out a message to have people deliver 10 stuffed eggs per kid if they wanted to participate. I went out and bought some chocolate bunnies for prizes and the hunt was one.

A couple hours before the hunt, Brian and I went out and hid the eggs. Unfortunately it had been so rainy it was a bit a swamp out there, but we marked off the dry land and hid the eggs. The kids headed out and I think they had a good time. I'm kind of glad we ended up doing this one as most of the hunts were rained out this year :(

I've never seen a more beautiful dandelion as the one that my daughter picked for me :)
The kids waiting at the "starting line" and pointing out the eggs.

Amelia hanging out in her wagon waiting to be turned loose. She loves her little people.

Go!

Gabriella hunting her eggs.
Reach!

Amelia found some too!

The best one I got of them together that day.

Taking a break for a little yoga.

Gabriella heading back to check on Grandpa.

One of the neighbors made cupcakes for everyone and needless to say Gabriella enjoyed hers :)

No comments: