Gabriella had her dance recital on Thursday and if I do say so myself, she did great! Honestly, I wasn't sure how it was going to go. She only had 6 lessons prior to the recital, so I wasn't sure how much they would even learn for a recital. Last week during practice, Grandma and I got to go in the class for the last 5 min to see what they had learned. Gabriella just stood there and stared at the teacher...so needless to say, I didn't expect much.
The night before the recital, they had a dress rehearsal. They were introduced to the stage and she was so excited to go up there. I was a little more excited for her since she didn't have a nervous bone in her body. She knew she was the 7th act so she counted loudly after each performance. Finally it was her turn. She went up there and practically did the whole dance! Brian and I were stunned and needless to say, even more excited for the recital.
The next night we got her ready and headed out the door. We were told to wear jeans and a bright colored shirt. We had a light blue shirt so we went with it. Of course when we got there, every other little girl in her class wore a hot pink shirt. That figures, now it looks like I didn't get the pink memo. The only boy in her class wore a green shirt. Anyway, she did a great job! They moved her to the opposite side of the stage from the night before so she couldn't see her teacher as well, but she still rocked it out :)
Grandma & Grandpa, Canon, Aunt Erin (her Godmother) and Annie all came to see her perform. Grandma & Grandpa and Erin brought her flowers which I think she got even more excited about. She couldn't wait to get home so we could grow them. LOL - whoops :)
So enough writing! Allow me to present...miss Gabriella!
and a couple of pictures...



No comments:
Post a Comment