To celebrate our 4 years of wedded bliss, Brian and I decided that Gabriella could spend some quality time with Grandma & Grandpa while we had a night out on the town. (LOL, how old does that make us sound) We made reservations for dinner and made some plans for the evening, and then we heard an announcement over the radio....Barney was coming to the mall! It was a promotional thing to get the channel Sprout on our cable channel, but the fact was, Barney was coming!
We kind of looked at each other and then started talking about it. We aren't the biggest fans of Barney, but Gabriella just loves him. You know those comments before you have children of stuff that you "never will do", yes well never say never :) I NEVER thought I would be spending my wedding anniversary with Barney, the big purple dinosaur, but here are the pictures to prove it :)
We told her what we were going to go do, but I don't think she 100% fully understood what we were talking about. We stood in line and they passed out colors and a coloring page. Here is the thing that perplexes me...the picture was of Barney (of course), yet the box of crayons they handed out had the colors, blue, red, yellow and green. Hmmmm, my 2 year old is pretty smart, but I can't imagine her mixing her colors yet. :)
So as we got closer in line I took her out of her stroller to see what we could see...

I think I see someone....I'm going to wave just in case...
Holy Cow! Do you see who I see? HE IS RIGHT THERE!
Daddy! Hold me up for a better view! (Seriously, look at the pure joy on her face!)
Barney! It's me! Your biggest fan! I'm right here!
I have to admit at this point I was getting a little nervous. She was pretty excited about the Easter bunny as well from a distance, but we all remember how that turned out.
Why did I worry. She loved it! Oh and Happy Anniversary Brian! LOL!
So there is our wonderful family picture. Oh and just so you know....we still went out later that night to celebrate our anniversary. But who else can say they celebrated with Barney? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment