Wednesday, September 16, 2009

2 Year Stats

Gabriella went to the Dr for her two year old check up the day after her birthday. I find it amazing after going to the Dr so many times during their first year that they don't want to see you again until she's three.

The results are in:

Height: 34 inches (55%)
Weight: 24 lbs and 11 oz (25%)
Head Circumference: 48 cm (70%)


We finally turned her around in the car seat. The new recommendations are to not turn them around now until they are two. That mixed with her size and weight we just thought it would be better to leave her rear facing in the car until now. She never knew the difference and honestly, I find it more difficult to see her now. She's too short for me to see in the rear view mirror!

She amazes us every day with the things that she comes up with. She loves to sing the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. She also seems to make up her own little songs and expects us to sing along. Oh yes, she recently started singing Jingle Bells as well. It's going to be a LONG Christmas season this year. :)

Her favorite sayings are:

  • You be quiet (It's better than shut- up right?)
  • Ouch that hurt me! (She uses this for everything)
  • I watch _______ (Fill in with Barney, Diego, Dora or Mickey)
  • I did it! (When she accomplishes anything)
  • Not.Yet. (Very enunciated)
  • I want milk or BeesnOs (Graham cracker Bee's and Cheerios's)

She has become very independent, but isn't afraid to ask for help if she can't do it. (Which makes me very proud) She has slowly quit throwing small fits when she is frustrated and will simply say, "I need help". She likes to brush her teeth, put her shoes on and take them off, buckle.

Gabriella LOVES to read! She can read three books already. (well maybe they are memorized)
Red hat, Blue hat, The Opposites Book and I love you through and through. She really likes to count and put puzzles together.

She's two! :)

A little like Nixon? Nah, she's two. :)

This just cracked me up :)

No comments: