I hesitate to even post this...but I will anyway.
We are officially paci free for a week now. Can you believe it? This kid just continues to amaze me!
So Gabriella has been using the paci at bed time and night time for quite awhile now. Hey, if it's not broke don't fix it, right? I've consistently been hesitant to make any change with her when what we are doing is working just fine. I was so nervous to give up her bassinet way past the time she should have been in her crib because she was such a good sleeper. Brian finally called me out at at peditrician visit and we had to put her in the crib that night -No issues. Crazy! But, we still swaddled her. I wasn't going to give everything up. So she remained swaddled until around 6 months! We even joked about how I was going to go to college with her some day to tuck her in at night. We got the rid of the swaddle - no issues.
So the Paci, was making me nervous. At night, we would even say, "Let's go get paci". That was how we got her into bed. There is no way this was going to be easy. Paci was restricted to her crib and never came out. She got it at nap time and bed time. We've talked about breaking it and I even did some research on how others have gone paci free. I thought about the Paci Fairy, sending it to a new baby, putting it in a Build-a-Bear...all things I figured we might have to wait a little while before she would totally get it.
Well, I brought it up at daycare one day and asked if she was still using the same Paci that I gave her last October when Gabriella started. Thinking, I might need to replace it or something. Kim kind of gave me a look and said, "Gabriella hasn't used a paci here since about a month or so after she started." SAY WHAT?? Apparently, when Kim was cleaning up the bedding etc, she forgot to put the paci back in and it was never an issue. So why give it back right? I was in shock! So of course, Brian decided that night was it. No more paci. Honestly, it scared me. There was just no way.
So that night we put Gabriella to bed...paci free. She stayed up her room playing and singing for about 15 min when it suddenly got quiet and then...crying. I went up there where she was standing up in her crib and I gave her a hug. She went back down and instructed me where all her babies and animals and blankets needed to go (4 animals, 3 babies, 3 blankets and a pillow). Then she asked me, "Where's my paci?" Ugh! I said you don't need that do you? She shook her head no and then rolled over and that was it. Wow! She asked about it one other night and that was it. Can you believe it? What a crazy kiddo! :)
So.....when do you think we can break her of Babe?
Hmmmm, I think I need to find her a replacement just in case. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment