Tuesday, May 26, 2009

22 months!

I can not believe my baby is 22 months old. In two short months she is going to turn 2! Where did that time go?



I haven't really updated what she has been up to lately and I know I'm going to be very disappointed in myself in later years looking back on this and not having it written down. So let me just point out what she can do now. Many of these things she has been consistently doing for months now which is just crazy to me.




  • Gabriella loves her letters. She can identify almost all the letters at any time. She has a high consistency rate on capital letters...lower case not so much. It just amazes me how she will point them out to you even when you would have never noticed a letter being on a box somewhere. If she is really upset or in the middle of a tantrum, if you point out a letter...she will typically stop to identify the letter for you :) I wonder how long we can keep pulling that off. Tuesday night at little gym, she almost sang the whole alphabet song. Her teacher was very impressed!



  • Gabriella also enjoys her numbers. For Easter, she received a number puzzle from the Easter Bunny. We have spent numerous hours going over the numbers and putting the puzzle together. She can count to 10 pretty well and will sometimes go higher if she feels like it. One of the thing that cracks me up is when the news comes on and they have the news channel in the corner of the screen, she will point it out to us. 2! 4! 5!



  • She also knows quite a few of her shapes. I bought her some flash cards recently that she simply refers to as "Shapes!" She also has a puzzle that she loves with the shapes as well. I can honestly say that all of her shapes came from daycare. Ms. Kim showed us many months ago when she learned "octagon". I almost fell over so I decided I needed to get her some shape games to play at home as well. I think her favorite shape right now is the oval. I don't know why but she gets a little more excited when yelling out that shape.



  • Colors are yet another one of her accomplishments. Every morning she likes to point out what color mommy, daddy and Gabriella are wearing.



  • She has quickly taken to the television. Sigh! I tried to keep her away as long as possible, but I've quickly lost that battle. It was bound to happen with Brian and I being big fans. Her favorite shows are undoubtedly, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and as much as it pains me to admit...."Barney". Seriously though, you can say you will never let your kid like a certain character but when you see the joy it brings to them when they hear the first two notes of the intro...it will bring tears to your eyes and you will just deal with it :) Not to mention whenever she hears the "Barney Song", she loves to give out kisses and hugs! She loves to say, "mkymouse on?" or "Barneyson?" It just cracks us up and I'm determined to get her on tape singing and dancing to these shows. She also enjoys, "Imagination Movers", "Sesame Street", Dora and Diego. She's really not all that picky but those are the ones that really stand out.



  • Gabriella pulled off a perfect forward roll at Little Gym on Tuesday night. I think she was just as surprised as Brian and I. She typically will start off well but then roll to the side, but that night she went right over! She also started to climb off a mat onto a bar and swing on it until she fell. (It's just tiptoes to the ground for her). We were so proud. She did that all night though. That was her activity of choice. Now days she seems to pick one activity at Little Gym and we will do that the entire time we are there.



  • She is still a wonderful sleeper and eater. I really hesitate writing that down in print, but she really is! She goes to bed around 8:00 or so and will wake up around 8:00 as well. She typically naps between 12:30 and 3:00. She would probably nap later if you would let her and we sometimes do :) Her favorite foods are still peas, tomatoes and Cheerios's. She loves turkey burgers and just about any kind of fruit. The only thing I can honestly say that I've seen her make a face is when she tried a bite of Brian's key lime pie one night, her face was priceless! Mashed potatoes she doesn't seem to care for, but will eat on occasion.

  • Some of her favorite phrases right now are, "That's Funny", "B O's?" (Graham Cracker Bee's and Cheerios) "Silly Bird" (This requires a story sometime) , "Uh-oh or Oh no!", "Hi Ricki" (Rookie). She's just hilarious with what she comes up with sometimes. She really likes to make this noise with her mouth where it sounds like Bpt,thp,bpt, thp. I really can't do it justice writing it out, but it's funny.

Anyway, she has really been up to a lot lately. This summer should bring lots of more fun new experiences and we can't wait to see what she comes up with next. I promise some new pictures of our 22 month old this weekend! :)

No comments: