Thursday, October 23, 2008

Daycare update

I thought I would give everyone an update on how daycare is going for Gabriella. She has really been doing great for the most part. Morning drop offs are still a little hard, but I know she stops crying within seconds of dropping her off. She also likes to cry when I pick her up and she first sees me. I wonder if she is overwhelmed with emotion realizing that we came back for her :)

She has learned so much already, I'm just amazed. She is eating by herself so much better and even using a fork. She seems to be talking or trying to talk a lot more as well. She gives kisses and hugs, which is nice when we pick her up. She can do the motions to the song, "If you're happy and you know it" She sort of says, "EIEIO" when prompted. She has said thank you and baby. She loves playing with dolls and will play feed them and carry them around.

Every day they have circle time where the older kids learn different things about colors, letters and numbers. They all sit on little carpet squares and the little kids will join them for a little bit. The other day the teacher got a picture of Gabriella and this little boy sharing a square and learning. Here she is feeding her baby.
This older boy enjoys looking out for her and has recently declared he claimed he was getting a little sister at home now. His mother replied with a, "I don't think so."
They also had fire safety day where they learned about Stop Drop and Roll and got their fire hats. Gabriella only kept hers on for a little while, but enough for her to snap a picture.

All in all, I think she is having a great time and she has really turned into a different child. she is walking so much better and almost running. It's only a matter of time before she is just jabbering away. She is just trying to keep up with the big kids now. We are just trying to get adjusted to our new schedule, but I really think this has been a great thing for all of us.


No comments: