Thursday, May 1, 2008

9 Months

Gabriella turned 9 months on Sunday. I'm a little late on the blog, but with Brian traveling so much, it's hard to sit down and type something up after she goes to bed.

We went to the Dr on Wednesday for her 9 month appointment. She weighed 17 lbs 8 oz which is in the 25th percentile. She is 28 inches tall which is in the 76th percentile and her head is 45 cm which is in the 76 percentile. So basically, she is tall and skinny with big head :) The Dr. said she looked perfect and although my confusion with food/formula was a concern of mine, I must be doing something right. Thank goodness!

Her heart murmur is still very much there, but she pointed out that sometimes it gets louder before it goes away. We go back to the cardiologist around her 1st birthday to see if it is starting to close or what our next steps will be concerning the hole. Since she is growing fine and eating well, she told me not to worry about it too much. Still easier said than done :)

She got two shots and handled it like a champ and got some cute little crayola band-aids this time. I felt bad because I told her she wouldn't get any at this visit...boy I guess I dropped the ball on that one, huh? Poor thing.

She has learned so much that she just amazes me every day. She loves shaking her head no, waving, clapping, crawling, pulling up and walking around the coffee table. She also enjoys cleaning off the coffee table for me. I guess I didn't realize how much she hates having papers on the table, so she knocks them all to the floor. She also loves the telephone, so if you get any phone calls where someone is just breathing on the other end of the phone, you might want to think about us before you call the cops :)

I can't believe that it has been 9 months already. It really seems like this 9 months flew past, unlike the 9 months that I carried her. I've started thinking about her 1 year old birthday party already. I start getting a little emotional thinking about her turning one and can not believe how much she has changed in the first year. She just amazes me.

Happy 9 months Gabriella!

No comments: