Wednesday, March 26, 2008

8 months old


Gabriella,

I can hardly believe that you are 8 months old. It really seems like yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital. You are such a sweet, beautiful, little girl already, I can't imagine what you have in store for us for the future.

This month you have really worked on crawling. I'm anticipating you bolting across the room any day now. You work hard to get on your hands and knees, just to make it two steps. You will then proceed to sit again, look over at me and we clap together for your accomplishment. You are so proud of yourself and I'm so excited to witness you learn something new. After practicing for awhile, you like to army crawl over to Elmo so you can pounce and wrestle with him until he sings the ABC's to you and makes you giggle. My favorite part of this daily routine is how you will always stop to make sure I'm watching and giving you a reaction.

You are also working hard to cut that stubborn third tooth. It seemed like it was trying to make an appearance a couple weeks ago, but then retreated back up only to cause you more pain this week. You are taking it like a champ, but it makes you want Mommy even more. Although, I must say it hasn't stopped your sleeping habits. You are a wonderful sleeper and I can not complain. I have a feeling you will be a night owl like your mommy and love to sleep in.

I'm so thankful that I was given the opportunity to work from home so I can spend more time with you. Not many mommies get to do this and although it is sometimes difficult, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Although we spend a lot of time together and you seem to hate when I leave the room, you are very excited when Daddy comes home from his business trips. He usually can make it home before you go to bed so you two can have some time to just play and laugh together. This month you even said, "Dada" on his birthday which made him so proud. It was your first babble and not really meant to call for him - but we don't have to tell him that :)

It's so amazing to see the little person that you are becoming and I can hardly wait to show and teach you even more. I feel so blessed to have you in my life.

Happy 8 months Gabriella! We love you!



No comments: