How did we get to 6 months so quickly? They just flew by! We go to the Doctor next week to get her stats and probably some shots, so I'll update again then.
Where are we at 6 months? Well Miss Amelia can sit up. She's been working on it most of December, but probably about the end of December she has gotten really good. I feel pretty confident walking away from her while she is sitting. We've had a couple tumbles but she does really well.
She sleeps pretty well at night. Tonight is her first night in her crib. She has been sleeping in her pack in play in our room. I never felt the need to move her because it was big enough and it was easier to get up and get to her. But alas, it's time :( I worked on getting her room clean and organized today, so let's keep our fingers crossed. She usually takes her last feeding around 10-11 and she will wake up around 6-7. Although this morning she got up around 8.
Miss Amelia is always so full of smiles. She is just a happy little girl. This past week she has been a little cranky though and wouldn't you know it...two little teeth popped through. No fever or anything but just a little slobbery and unhappy here and there.
She just really seems to want to move. I'm a little nervous because I don't think she's going to sit still for long. She even got up on her hands the other day and started to rock a little bit. Slow down girly! Momma can't keep up!
She is just a joy! For the most part she is just so happy. She LOVES watching Gabriella and they get such a kick out of each other. She is starting to play with toys and will voice her unhappiness if you take that toy away from her when she isn't quite done with it. That's another thing...she has a voice. She loves to jabber and talk. She's making her D sounds pretty well and if she is upset you can hear a few MMM sounds as well. She loves to squeal and she seems to be on the brink of raspberries. Right now, she just sucks her lips in a bit.

I think her hair is growing in pretty fast. She's got some long hairs in there. I've got the clips back out for her to wear! What a little doll baby! :)
What a great 6 months! I love watching her reach all of her milestones and learn new things, but I wouldn't mind if she wanted to slow down a little bit too! :) I have a feeling this little one is not going to want to wait on me though, so I better just hang on for the ride. 

No comments:
Post a Comment