Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shoes

So, you may not know this about me, but when I was younger I got a new pair of black patten shoes. Apparently I loved them so much, I wanted to take them to bed with me and sleep with them like a stuffed animal. My mom told me no, because honestly, who wants to sleep with shoes? So that night I guess I got out of bed and got my shiny new shoes and snuggled up with them to sleep. Well, the buckle ended up catching me on my lip and cut me and to this day I have a tiny little scar on my bottom lip. You can barely see it all, but it's there as a reminder of my love of these shoes.

Fast forward to me having my own daughter....last night before I went to bed, I went into Gabriella's room to check that she was still breathing (yes, I still do this LOL). I went to cover her up because only her feet were covered. I had to pull back the sheet because she was twisted in it and low and behold...there on her feet were her "fancy" white shoes. LMAO - she had gotten out of bed and into her closet after I put her to bed and put her shoes on. I took them off, trying not to laugh and holding the urge to go and grab the camera. I told Brian as we went to bed what she had done. This morning Brian came downstairs with Gabriella while I was feeding Amelia and asked me, "Didn't you say you took her shoes off last night?" That little stinker proceeded to get back out of bed at some point and put them back on and went back to bed.

So apparently we both like to sleep with shoes. She is just smarter than her mother and doesn't try and cuddle up with them

She is a riot! And just for fun...here are the shoes:

No comments: