Yeah, well I screwed up.
I had taken Gabriella to the eye doctor for her school checkup and I was getting ready to run a few other errands. I had parked next to a large van and started to back out funny to get out and see around the van for anyone pulling into the parking lot. Gabriella and Amelia were talking to me and I was trying to answer some questions when "Crunch". I had run right into the back of a Big Pickup Truck.
Sigh
So I had to go back into the eye doctor and find the person that owned the truck. Talk about humiliation. While I waited for the receptionist to find the owner, I called Brian who just sounded annoyed. So as the man came out that owned the truck, I was getting off the phone with Brian. I started to explain it was my husband on the phone and kind of laughed off that I was an idiot. So I told him I backed into the truck. He looked at my car and kind of grimaced and then looked at his truck. He pointed to a scratch and said, "What this, this is old?" I said, no and pointed to the ding I had created. (Note: mine looked a LOT worse than his obviously) He basically shrugged and said, it's fine no worries. Seriously as embarrassing as this is I just started to tear up and said REALLY? LOL he said it was no big deal, but I went ahead and exchanged my info with him just in case. Turns out he was a FIREFIGHTER on top of it. Sheesh!
Anyway, be sure to show your local civil servants how much you appreciate them. Pay it forward it might come back and help you out in the end:)
So I ended up having to drive around with this for awhile, ugh. I told Callaghan she needed to hurry up and get her permit while my car looked like this!

No comments:
Post a Comment