Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Part one!

Happy Thanksgiving!
We had a little different Thanksgiving this year with just the immediate family. My sister and I had been wanting to make a Thanksgiving meal for awhile so we took this opportunity and jumped right in. Now to make things even crazier...I made the turkey! I was nervous but scoured online message boards and found the top voted recipe. It had a couple crazy things, but the main thing I needed was a meat thermometer. So I called our local chef shop and had Brian run and get it and all the rest of my list while I was at work. :)

I will admit that my mom thawed the turkey for me and took out the insides...Yuck! We brined the turkey overnight in a Home Depot bucket. Early in the morning I flipped the turkey over in the brine and let it sit a little while longer. Oh here's a tip...when flipping the turkey, keep in mind the insides will probably be full of liquid. Yep, I brined my pj's and the kitchen floor as well on Thanksgiving.

So I took the turkey over to mom's and put it in the oven and waited.

Gabriella practiced her song for the Christmas program on her "stage"
Amelia with our turkey!

Brian also got to carve a turkey for the first time.

He had to study it for awhile :)

The family finishing up the meal. Amelia was napping :)

Mom bought a ham just in case. I guess she was nervous about my turkey, but I think everyone would agree that it was quite tasty and no one ate the ham! :)





No comments: