Monday, April 12, 2010

28 week appointment

So I had my glucose test today. Not the most fun time ever, but it really wasn't that bad. Does this mean I'm getting more mature or brave? Hmmm interesting. Anyway, I got to drink the orange flavored drink that 100% better than the fruit punch kind they gave me last time. That was nasty. Not that this was good by any means, but it wasn't bad. The lady they have at the Dr. office is pretty funny and was rooting me on to get the drink down.

I had my appointment while I waited for the hour to get my blood drawn and let me tell you that drink goes straight to your head! Whoo! She said it is the equivalent of drinking one and half mountain dews, I think. Which might not sound a lot to some people, but when you live on mostly water alone....that is a lot to drink in a 5 min time period. So needless to say I was a little loopy. Anyway, I was weighed and I'm now up 23 pounds. Not too bad, but still a little up there. I was up 20 lbs with Gabriella at this point. The baby's heart rate was at 143-154 and it also had the hiccups. That was pretty cute to hear on the Doppler. I'm measuring at about 27 1/2 weeks, so we seem to be right on track.

After the hour had passed we went in to draw my blood. It really wasn't too bad, but I looked at Brian's face while getting stuck and although he says it doesn't bother him, his face seemed to tell a different story. So, I started laughing which made me panic because I was afraid I would move the needle. So the lady started laughing that I was laughing while giving blood. All in all, it was one of my better blood giving moments. :) So, now we just wait for the results! Let's all pray I pass :)

No comments: